<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

FELIX IS GOOD 

AP Photo/Ted S. Warren

Mariner fans haven't seen a pitcher of Randy Johnson's dominance since, well, Randy Johnson.

Now, I'm not comparing Felix Hernandez to Randy. Not at all. However, watching tonight's ballgame brought me back to Johnson's career in Seattle. Remember the 2-strike ovation when Randy was on the mound? I could have sworn I heard the same 2-strike ovation on a few occasions tonight for Felix.

Let's face it, we as Mariner fans deserve a break. The days between Felix's starts will test the soul, of course. But at least M's fans have something to look forward to for the rest of what will turn out to be another last-place season.

I can only speak for myself, but Felix has made the Mariners worth watching again. For the first time in a while, I was pumping my fist like crazy. I feel like a baseball fan again. While I can't make it out to Seattle to watch Felix pitch, I can watch his starts through the power of MLB.TV. Technology rules, folks.

8 innings, 5 hits, 6 strikeouts, 0 walks, 0 runs.

Get used to those types of lines, M's fans.

The King is in Seattle.

Pray For Felix

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page