<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 25, 2005

FREE RAMBLE, THE DAY AFTER VERSION 

"I've got no patience now
So sick of complacence now
I've got no patience now
So sick of complacence now
Sick of sick of sick of sick of you
Time has come to pay!"


---Rage Against The Machine "Know Your Enemy"

David has instituted random notes in his daily posts recently. And since I haven't done a Free Ramble-style post in a few weeks, it's time for me to go random as well.

---I've finally seen "Napoleon Dynamite" (hey Corco!). It's everything that it's cracked up to be. Growing up on the West Coast, I remember tetherball very well. Down here in Arkansas, I haven't seen a tetherball pole at the local schools. Maybe I'm not looking hard, I don't know. As for tetherball, I played it a few times, horribly I might add. I was a dodgeball guy. Wasn't everyone?

I'm waiting to see a movie that features pickleball. Pickleball would be a great sport to be televised on The Ocho. Hey, if it's almost a sport, they'll televise it!

---I don't know what to say about Hootie and the Blowfish lead singer Darius Rucker appearing in the new Burger King commercial. I wish somebody would mock Hootie's songs in next year's "American Idol" auditions.

---Speaking of "American Idol", David said his favorite is Lindsey Cardinale. She's good, but I have to go with Carrie Underwood. Underwood is from Oklahoma, while Cardinale is from Louisiana. I love Southern girls, dammit. From the first day I stepped foot in Arkansas, I told myself I have to find a Southern girl. I'm still waiting, but I'm not desperate.

Oh, back to "Idol". I have to say, Kelly Clarkson is actually pretty good. Who knew?

---Motley Crue is coming to Arkansas on September 23. Will Mick Mars live to see the Natural State? I like the Crue. But I'm not going to shell out 70 bucks to go see a band that hasn't had a big hit since 1989. No, "Afraid" doesn't count.

Besides, if I didn't go see the Van Halen show last fall, why would I go see the Crue? You tell me. Oh, and do yourself a favor, crank up the "Shout At The Devil" album. Or the "Too Fast For Love" album. You can't go wrong with either one.

---THIS IS MY HAPPY FACE!

---"Man Of The House". The only thing that movie has going for itself is the women. Unfortunately, they aren't wearing chaps like the real Texas pom-pom girls do.

---The Fleet Center may be renamed "The Derek Jeter Center" for a day, if a New York lawyer has his way. Why don't they just rename the building "The Bucky Dent Place"? Or "Pat Riley Forum"? I got a better one. How about the "Mookie Wilson Convocation Center"?

---No, here's the best name for the Fleet Center:

"No Championships Allowed Center"

The Celtics and Bruins haven't won a championship since calling the Fleet Center home.

---Of course, I can call the Key Arena "Tall People Not Welcome Arena".

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

To end this little post here...

Here's the "Napoleon Dynamite" soundboard.

What are you going to do today, Napoleon?

WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING TO DO, GOSH!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page