<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 21, 2004

FREE RAMBLE, YANKEES SUCK EDITION 

Thanks again, David, for the Hugh Millen Flag Football Challenge shirt. It's already on my "favorite shirts" list. No, I will not list my favorite shirts, because this isn't Fashion and Bremertonians. If you want fashion, well, just Google Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

By the way, I love using the phrase "Google ____________" (insert your favorite woman in the blank space). For the sake of Smallville, I'll just say "Google Kristen Kreuk". And yes, Scotty still doesn't know.

Alright, this is the Yankees Suck edition of the Free Ramble. It's just some stupid name for my ramblings.

---Even though I predicted that the Astros will play the Red Sox in the World Series, I will not shed a tear if the Cardinals go on to win Game 7 tonight in the National League Championship Series. Could you imagine a World Series with both the Red Sox and Cardinals? In my opinion, Boston and St. Louis are the two best baseball towns in America. No, Seattle is not the best baseball town. It's a football town. I will not debate this.

---I love October baseball. I would love it even more if the Mariners were still playing. But I digress.

---Thank God the Mariners didn't hire Jimy Williams. I really don't know what I would have done if that would have happened. But in the end, I would still be a Mariner fan. Why? It's way too late to change teams now.

---Mike Hargrove will wear #21 as Mariners manager. Will there be any public outcry over this, since it was Alvin Davis' number? Somehow, I don't think there will be.

---Browns quarterback Jeff Garcia wishes that his former teammate, Eagles WR Terrell Owens, would shut up. We agree, Jeff. In a sneak preview of the Pick Me Up, I'm picking Cleveland over Philadelphia. The Eagles are ripe for an upset.

---WHEN YOU'RE RIPE, YOU'LL BLEED OUT OF CONTROL, YOU'LL BLEED OUT OF CONTROL!

---Steve Kerr has a few camp stories on the new Northwest Divison at Yahoo. Portland and Seattle will be lucky to reach the upper echelon of this division. But I will not be surprised if the Blazers make the playoffs. They still have a good amount of talent in Rip City. As for the Sonics, they are lottery material, again. At least Nick Collison will be able to play this season for the Sonics.

---My NBA preview will be up soon. I believe the season starts on November 3, so I have some time.

---I'm angry that Chuck Woolery has been reduced to being Stephen A. Smith's bitch on these ESPN "NBA Shootaround" promos. Come on, this was the same guy who hosted "Love Connection".

Love Connection

---Two and two.

---I miss the 1980s for one reason and one reason only. Game shows. I spent a lot of my childhood during the late 1980s watching game shows. I'm still on my one-man campaign to get "Sale of the Century" on Game Show Network. Translation: It will never happen. After all, GSN is too busy airing reruns of "Average Joe".

---Holding on to what's golden: So Paul Hamm gets to keep his all-around gold medal from the Athens Games. Good freaking deal.

---Reason #1 as to why the NHL cannot contract teams from the South. 10,642 fans for an AHL game? Good job, Nashville. I hope to visit your fair city in the next few years, since its within driving distance.

---Morgan Webb. She's a winner.

---The Arkansas Travelers, who are the Angels' Double-A affiliate, will have a new ballpark in North Little Rock that will be ready for the 2007 season. The Travs have played in the legendary Ray Winder Field since the early 1930s. I went to Ray Winder this past summer and I loved my visit there. But a new ballpark will help Little Rock in the long run. Well, North Little Rock, since the ballpark will be located in NLR. (The Arkansas River divides Little Rock and North Little Rock) I don't know if I'll be in Arkansas by the time the new ballpark opens, but if I am, I'll definitely go to a ballgame there.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Big East Football on ESPN. Syracuse vs West Virginia. Fun times.

Yeah. Right. Uh-huh. OK.

We're just over a half-hour away from Game 7 of the National League Championship Series between the Astros and Cardinals. Roger Clemens vs Jeff Suppan. Like I said yesterday, undercard my ass. The NLCS has been a great series, just as good as the ALCS. Don't sleep on the National League now.

SHOW ME YOUR BRIGHT LIGHTS AND YOUR CITY LIGHTS, ALRIGHT
I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT THE YANKEE ROSE!


The Yannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkees loooooooooooose!

Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Yankeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees looooooooooose!

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page