<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

THINGS I'VE LEARNED FROM ESPN... 

In the past 48 hours.

---Edgar Martinez was going to retire immediately on Monday. Oops.

---Stuart Scott is still a tool. I felt embarrassed for Gayle Gardner for having to put up with that tool Tuesday evening on "Sportscenter".

---But Old School Sportscenter gets better! Greg Gumbel will be paired with Chris Berman tonight! Oh boy, I can't wait for that.

---I learned this morning from "Cold Pizza" that The Sporting News has Pine Bluff, Arkansas as the 369th best Sports City in America in their list of Best Sports Cities. By the way, 369 is considered dead-last in the TSN list. Hooray, Pine Bluff! Proud of ya!

---Also from "Cold Pizza": Richard Marx is the musical guest this morning. I realize he was a co-writer of the Grammy Award-winning song "Dance With My Father" with Luther Vandross, but is anybody really prepared for the comeback of Richard Marx? Well, I guess anything is possible. After all, Everyday Eddie Guardado is now called SEE YOU NEXT YEAR EDDIE GUARDADO.

---Musical recommendation for you on this Wednesday morning: Green Day's new single "American Idiot" (Hi-speed link) (Lo-speed link). Their new album, "American Idiot", won't be out until September 21, but judging by the title track, it's going to be solid. Like I've told David, it's high time for a new Green Day album.

--- --- --- --- ---

It's rare that I post this early in the morning. But in the coming weeks, expect more of it. So keep truckin'. And stay classy.

Go f**k yourself, Mariner ownership.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page