<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

I'M BACK... 

I'm alive and well, thank God. I'll just leave it at that.

---The Seattle Mariners are 13-26. 13-26.

Bill Bavasi ruined my enthusiasm for this ballclub, dammit. It's unjust.

---Metallica and Godsmack put on one hell of a show this past Saturday night in Little Rock. It was well worth the money. The kings of heavy metal (Sully Erna's words) showed why they are just that. 2 and a half hours of power, 18 songs in all. To put the newer stuff into perspective, Metallica should just re-release the "St. Anger" album, but do a live version of it. It's amazing how much better "Frantic" and "St. Anger" sound live. They played "Holier Than Thou", a rarity for them live, as well as "The Wait" off of "Garage,Inc". It is so great to see James Hetfield clean and sober. This band was thisclose to being no more not too long ago. Thank goodness they are back. They can rock as long as they want to.

Godsmack has really stepped up, let me tell you. Enough of the comparisons to Alice In Chains, alright? Hell, if anything, they are the "best" of those bands that are being compared to AIC. Do yourself a favor and crank up "I Stand Alone" 10 consecutive times and you try to get back to me and criticize Godsmack. Metallica couldn't have picked a better opener as far as I'm concerned. One more thing, the drum solo with Erna and Shannon Larkin was great. Not as great as the Neil Peart drum solo David and I saw back at the Gorge in September 2002, but what is?

---The NHL will be on NBC in 2004-2005. Nice hustle, Peacockers. My favorite NHL on NBC moment had to be the 1991 All-Star Game in Chicago Stadium when the great Wayne Messmer performed the national anthem. I still get chills thinking about that moment. And I miss the old 185 foot rink at the Stadium.

I hope NBC can try to get Marv Albert to come back and call the games. But Mike Emrick wouldn't be a bad choice either.

---Andy Kaufman is alive.

Andy Kaufman is alive. I'm at a loss of words over this.

---Tom Petty fricking owns.

That's all for me right now.

I'm back. Believe it.

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page