<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

I STILL DO BASEBALL POSTS 

Yeah, so the baseball posts have slowed down thanks to my out-and-out refusal to watch the World Series, and the Mariners lack of moves, other than interviewing GM candidates (coincident with postseason activity). Of course, the amount of homework given to me also helps me to not watch the World Series. Now my Tuesday and Thursday night classes aren't so bad because I'm not watching Fish/Yanks.

But anyway, the occasional glance at Yahoo's sports photos (link on sidebar), should you decide to glance at them, shows me that there is a World Cup of Baseball going on in glorious Cuba. No word if there will be stowaway defectors on the US team plane coming back. The US sent a bunch of college guys (sophomores and freshmen...they're younger than me and I am now jealous) down there, and here's the roster. Everett's Brent Lillbridge from the UW Husky team (frosh) is a member.

The World Cup team is 5-1 in the tournament and had their Netherlands game rained out. They have two games left before the elimination phase of the tourney.

As for the US Olympic qualifying team, they're on this tour to beat the pants off the Arizona Fall League. In a game against Mesa last night, Mariner farmhand and 3-bagger Justin Leone went 3-for-4, scored three runs, and drove in four runs...while batting eighth. He had a solo homer, a three-run homer, a double, and the obligatory strikeout. If all else fails at third base, does a Mariner fan ever think of at least giving Justin Leone a shot at the third base job next spring? Why the hell not? He can't hit any worse than Cirillo...right?

/ Click for main page

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Click for Sports and B's 

home page